Being polite is worth it. Not only is it important to make a solid first impression, proving you aren't "faking" your politeness will go a long way with your friends and colleagues. Here are 10 habits polite people have mastered:
- They always step forward.
- They keep using the name you used to introduce yourself.
- They don't touch unless they are touched first.
- They never let on they know more than they should.
- They never ignore the elephants.
- They never gossip--or listen to gossip.
- They never speak just to share the greater glory of themselves.
- They never push their opinions.
- They're masters of the art of social jiujitsu.
- They never stop being polite.
For more information about the individual habits, see the full article on Inc.com.