Brand management is a tough job, and talented brand managers and brand marketers continue to be a hot commodity.
Within larger companies, brand managers operate like a small business owner or the CEO of their brand. While they may be considered to be part of the marketing function, a brand manager is a broader strategic role that’s charged with monitoring market trends, differentiating their brand in a crowded competitive space, and providing direction for the future of the brand.
To be a good brand manager, you better be a continuous learner, because your market, your customer needs, and your role are all constantly evolving. It helps to stay in touch with some of the folks on the leading edge of the profession.
Here are some key influencers to follow on LinkedIn:
- Charlene Li, Principal Analyst at Altimeter
Recommended read: Where Digital Brands Succeed (And Surprisingly Fail) at Brand Relevance
- David Aaker, Vice Chairman at Prophet, Brand Strategist and Author
Recommended read: Strategic Brand Agility
- Fred Reichheld, Bain Fellow, Author/Speaker on Loyalty
Recommended read: Stop Thinking Like a CEO (and Think Like a Customer Instead)
- Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist at Canva
Recommended read: How to Establish Your Brand Message
- Ann Handley, Author of "Everybody Writes" and "Content Rules," Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs
Recommended read: Why Sir Ken Robinson Is My Thought-Leader Spirit Animal: 7 Important Ideas on Innovation
- Michael Brenner, CEO, Marketing Insider Group and Author of The Content Formula
Recommended read: What is Challenger Marketing?
- Ryan Holmes, CEO at Hootsuite
Recommended read: 2016’s Biggest Social Media Trends to Watch Out For
- Joe Pulizzi, Founder at Content Marketing Institute, Author of Content Inc., Speaker & Entrepreneur
Recommended read: Build an Audience, Not a Product
- Dharmesh Shah, Founder and CTO at HubSpot
Recommended read: 7 Savvy Ways To Go Beyond Simply Satisfied Customers
- Shane Snow, Journalist, geek, and bestselling author. Cofounder of Contently
Recommended read: State of Content Marketing: Why Brands Must Publish to Stay Relevant
- Brian Solis, Principal Analyst, Altimeter Group (a Prophet co.), Author of X: The Experience When Business Meets Design
Recommended read: 26 Disruptive Tech Trends for the Rest of the Decade
- Daniel Goleman, Brainpower: Mindsight and Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Recommended read: Recognizing the Dangers of Groupthink
- Neil Patel, Co-Founder at Crazy Egg & Hello Bar
Recommended read: What Marketing Skills Should You Work on in 2016?
- Jeff Bullas, CEO at JeffBullas.com
Recommended read: 5 Digital Marketing Trends That Will Disrupt Your Business
- Jay Baer, Marketing and customer experience consultant, NY Times best-selling author, keynote speaker and emcee, investor
Recommended read: How to Fix Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
What other influencers do you follow on LinkedIn?