Showing gratitude for your team and your employees can go a long way. In fact, research has found that showing recognition towards employees will create a higher sense of pride in their work, improve relationships between co-workers, and create a higher level of commitment to the organization as a whole.
Here are 5 easy ways you can show thanks to your employees.
- Avoid the potluck. Instead of requiring employees to bring dishes for a company meal, have it catered or provided as a whole.
- Give the gift of time. Offer employees additional time off to relax and replenish around the holidays.
- Create a "Thank You" wall. Use sticky notes to thank employees for individual accomplishments.
- Go the extra mile. Receiving a gift at home can boost morale. Gifts range from a simple handwritten letter to an unexpected bonus check.
- Donate to their favorite charity. A donation on behalf of an employee is generally felt close to the heart. Find out which organizations your team supports and take the extra step.
For more detail about showing gratitude, read the full article at Inc.com.