People don't like working at jobs they dislike. One of the main reasons people dislike their job - a bad boss. Here are 8 ways to be the type of boss who can retain top talent and make them happy to work for (and with) you.
- Take real (not fake) risks.
- See opportunity when others see fear.
- Believe the unbelievable.
- Wear your emotions on your sleeves.
- Avoid throwing employees under the bus.
- Make tangible contributions.
- Lead by permission, not authority.
- Embrace a larger purpose.
Remember, business is personal. Be someone other people actually like to be around and not just someone they tolerate. For more detail about the list above, read the full article by Jeff Haden on Inc.com.