When building or growing your team, it's imperative to keep your team members excited and motivated. Without some level of excitement, entire company morale can plummet and cause a variety of other issues throughout the office.
To ensure you aren't hampering the motivation level of your employees, be sure to avoid having:
- Toxic people. Toxic people spread negativity.
- No professional development. Without learning and growth, the workplace remains stagnant and dull.
- A lack of vision. With a clear vision, the best employees are less effective.
- Wasted time. Be sure meetings have a set reason and agenda.
- Inadequate communication. Clear communication saves time and energy.
- Vertical management. Build a collaborative environment for long-term success.
- Lack of appreciation. Don't let hard work and results go unrecognized.
- Bad leadership. Poor leaders often harm the entire team.
For more details and additional resources, see the full article on Inc.com.