For most businesses, new leads come at a premium. Because of that, it's important to make use of the avenues that offer the greatest return. If you have a great product or service, leads from referrals are as good as gold. Here are 5 referral systems you can use to drive growth at a fraction of the cost of other lead gen opportunities.
- Direct request. Ask new customers who else they know would be interested in working with you.
- Gifts for friends. Give new customers gifts (coupons, discounts, freebies) they can give to their friends.
- Compliment follow-up. After receiving a compliment from a customer, ask who else they know who may want your products or services.
- Please forward on. This works great with an email campaign. Ask your readers to forward the information to someone they think it will help.
- Referral tools. Include additional information or details so your existing customers can easily refer their contacts to you.
For more details and additional links, read David Finkel's article on Inc.com.