It’s time to brace yourself again. Or better yet, prepare yourself for the next wave of technology innovations and check out our content intelligence demo. Let's just say that it will radically raise the bar on your content marketing performance and disrupt your ability to show marketing ROI - in a good way.
It comes down to this: If you are incorporating content intelligence solutions as part of your content strategy, you can expect to outperform your competitors in the following areas:
Audiences: Having a deeper understanding target audiences as well as identifying new opportunities to reach other relevant audiences
Personas: Developing more comprehensive personas to get in the minds of your audiences
Channels: Identifying the right channels in which target audiences are more likely to engage
Consumption: Assigning the correct media types (blogs, whitepapers, videos, webinars) to each audience segment based on their preferred consumption method
Content themes: Creating unique content around the themes that are most likely to engage target audiences
Competitive framing: Gaining an understanding of how to better compete against other brands with your content — and knowing how your target perceives the competition
It is important to understand why content intelligence is quickly gaining traction as one of the most important marketing tools to enhance your ability to connect with your audiences through content.
Content Intelligence takes an analytical view of your organization’s content activity, identifying how well the content is performing and why. It then provides actionable insights, a roadmap of sorts, on how you can improve the performance of your content in the following critical areas:
Now, take a look at 5 ways content intelligence will raise the bar on how all marketers achieve results in the future:
1. Enhance your ability to strategically direct marketing funds. One of the biggest challenges facing marketers is how to allocate funds to get the most marketing ROI. And it’s a significant consideration since companies have been directing more funds to marketing.
According to the 2017 CMO survey, companies devoted 11.4% of their overall budget to marketing in August 2017 — up from 8.1% in February 2011. It also revealed that marketing teams failed to accurately anticipate how they would be spending their marketing funds. For example, marketers had predicted they would 19.5% of their budget on social media compared to the 10% they actually spent.
With content intelligence guiding your marketing team with more precise insights, you can gain the confidence that you’re directing your efforts — and your marketing funds — toward the right strategies. It also will help you make the most of your efforts, showing you how to create content around the right themes and in the right formats that will help you gain the most results.
Content intelligence allows you to stop wasting time on content marketing strategies that are failing to perform. It also guides you on where you should be spending your dollars to effectively promote content.
2. Leverage all that big data. Many companies often are coping with another frustration — they’re sitting on a gold mine but can’t do much to translate it into revenue. That gold mine? It’s the big data that’s sitting out there — largely unused because they’re not able to adequately leverage it.
With the ability of content intelligence solutions to more deeply explore and analyze large amounts of that data, marketing teams can start realizing gains from this invaluable resource. Content intelligence pulls from numerous data sources to paint a more comprehensive picture about what your customers want and need.
3. Gain in-depth insights faster. You may already be investing the time and effort needed to implement marketing data and insights through the efforts of your team. Many high-performing teams do.
You may be developing a deep analysis of how your content is performing, and then adjusting your strategy based on the insights you’re gaining on your target audiences, persona, messaging themes, consumption types, channels and competitive framing.
However, reaching those types of insights can require a significant amount of work — and time.
Content intelligence produces those insights and recommendations at an accelerated pace and with more accurate insights, allowing you to maximize the time and efforts of your marketing team when developing content that engages your audience.
This approach also allows you to more quickly execute and evaluate campaigns and, as a result, make connections more quickly.
4. Make your persona more dynamic. One of the problems with personas is their inherent limitations. In the past, marketing teams have relied on surveys and other avenues to get a better understanding of their target audiences. These have had merit, but in the digital age, customer habits are constantly evolving.
With content intelligence taking a deeper look at customer behaviors — and how they’re interacting with your content, you’re able to receive more information about what moves your audiences.
You can start “seeing" your persona with a more in-depth perspective. You also can start developing more segmentations of your targeted audiences, which paves the way to more personalized experiences.
5. Make business decisions that contribute to your organization’s future. With a deeper understanding of what motivates your customers and why, your team can gain the insights you need to shape your company’s future value proposition — whether in offerings, customer service or products.
Content intelligence can be critical in helping you speed up decisions about the direction your company should be heading to meet the needs, desires and wants of your customers.
With content intelligence, your marketing team can more quickly gain the insights you need to effectively develop more engaging content, connect with your customers and create comprehensive marketing strategies that guide your future business decisions.
Get an up-close look at how content intelligence can help you meet your customers’ needs, desires and wants with more accuracy and in less time. Contact us today for a demo of Vennli’s content intelligence solution.