Are robot butlers, space internet, and actual retinal screens a possibility within the next 30 years? That’s the question Michell Zapp, technology strategist and founder of the trend forecasting firm Envisioning Technology, asked himself. He examined current technological and scientific research and predicted which possible innovations may become reality, as well as the possible significance they will have on society. The result is a stunning and concise infographic entitled “Envisioning Emerging Technology For 2012 And Beyond.�?
A few of the mind-blowing highlights include:
- 2018 - 2019: Self-driving cars let human drivers relax behind the wheel.
- 2019 - 2020: 5G connectivity becomes the norm, replacing 4G; traveling into space becomes a leisure activity; eyewear comes equipped with tiny displays that project into the wearer's retina.
- 2026: Humans hand off household chores to domestic robots.
- 2030: Displays can be embedded into human skin and powered by the blood.
- 2034: Manned missions to Mars begin.
- 2036 - 2037: Materials are transported from the surface of the earth into space using an elevator-like structure.
- 2037 - 2038: Anti-aging drugs make us all look young and lovely forever.
Check out the interactive infographic here and let us know what innovations you are most excited for!