Imagine you are in a scene stolen from the movie Back to the Future. Your future self has just returned from 2035 to tell your marketing team how much things have changed as a result of artificial intelligence.
Perhaps, you’ll share that futurist Dr. Michio Kaku was right when he predicted that we will lose our portable devices since everything, from the wallpaper in our homes to public streets, are the computers we seamlessly communicate with. Maybe you’ll confirm futurist Oren Etzioni’s prediction that artificial intelligence (AI) will find the cure for cancer by sifting through tons of scientific research.
However, it doesn’t take a Back to the Future scenario to grasp how marketing is already changing as a result of artificial intelligence.
Through AI-driven content intelligence, marketing is undergoing what is predicted to be one of the most revolutionary periods of the field. It already has started with content intelligence leading to these five new developments.
1. Guided roadmaps on how to write content. With the addition of a content intelligence platform pulling in a multitude of data about your customer’s behavior, it will inform you on ways you can better connect with them throughout the buyer and customer journeys.
Content intelligence works by taking an analytical view of the performance of your content activity. After making that analysis, it gives you a roadmap on how you can improve your content in the following areas:
- Target Audience
- Consumption Type
- Messaging Themes
- Competitive Framing
With these types of insights, your team will be able to produce smarter and more relevant content that resonates with your audiences. As a result, your team will be equipped to gain more conversions at varying stages of the buyer funnel.
2. Insights on which content to promote. Along with the insights you’re gaining about the type of content you should be writing — answering the essential Who, What, When, Where and Why questions of your content strategy, content intelligence also gets down to the level of proposing the best types of promotions based on customer activity.
By giving you those critical insights on what drives customers to purchase, you will be positioned to gain more conversions at the critical bottom phase of the marketing funnel. By more effectively nurturing customers and prospects throughout the first two phases, you’re able to increase the likelihood of having more qualified leads for your sales team.
3. A detailed strategy on how to gain a competitive advantage. Advances in AI-driven content intelligence give you the ability to take a more integrated, comprehensive view of the environment your customers and prospects are engaging in. No longer are you limited to a micro-level view that only gives insights about customers’ interactions on your website and any sites linking from yours.
With content intelligence capturing much more data than was previously available, your brand will gain a more comprehensive view of what it takes to connect with customers.
Content intelligence accomplishes that by capturing customer behavior on sites three, four or more degrees away from your site, identifying relevant buyer data, and making recommendations on effective Google Adwords and more.
As a result, your content intelligence platform is able to help you deliver personalized content that drives those critical conversions.
4. Predictive analysis of customer intent. Understanding your customer’s intent can be a powerful tool to help you take proactive measures with your messaging. It may be hard to imagine having those insights. But that’s what content intelligence delivers.
Through deep learning, content intelligence analyzes customer behaviors, capturing the activities that are more likely to precede a purchase or other significant conversion. Using that data, it then makes predictive recommendations on how you need to approach various audiences to engage them, as well as incentivize them as part of the buyer journey.
5. Comprehensive view of your audiences. One of the greatest benefits of content intelligence that can’t be underestimated is the sense of confidence that it will give your marketing team. With this advanced technology providing more accurate insights about your audiences, your team will be less frustrated by efforts to figure out what types of content are really leading to engagements.
Your team will be able to focus on creating effective content that is guided by a more informed content strategy, using the insights delivered by content intelligence.
More results, less frustration. With advancements brought on by content intelligence, the future of content marketing shows incredible promise. Marketers will be more successful in creating content experiences that encourage customers and prospects to become brand loyalists.
Numerous brands already are exploring how content intelligence can help them transform their content marketing strategies. Talk to Vennli about how our platform can help you gain the insights to more effectively engage your customers too.